Thread: Fetal Genotyping

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Forum Member

Fetal Genotyping

As many sites are going over to referring samples from their RhD Neg antenatal patients for fetal genotyping, perhaps we could share some ideas on what has been problematic or works well.

How is the result of the fetal genotype recorded on your LIMS?

If the patient miscarries and then soon after is again pregnant- how do you differentiate the fetal genotype of pregnancy 1 and pregnancy 2- to avoid confusion to both clinical and lab staff?

many thanks

Forum Member
    I have been working with SensiGene Fetal RHD Genotyping. I can share some of the materials (I will ask for an official permission to share those on forums though). If it's allowed here, I could upload my lab reports to a Google Drive with full access.
    Update: I have just received an official permission from eviCore and as soon as I finish archiving data, I will upload the materials here.

Forum >> Blood Forum >> Blood Collection, Testing & Processing >> Fetal Genotyping >> Previous topic: Research >> Next topic: NHBST RCI crossmatching terminology proessays
    Last edited by Lumuss; 10th Apr 2020 at 06:26 AM.

Forum Member
    Great question Rashmi . What about twins or multiple births.

Forum Member
    It would be interesting to see the results of these- but I dont think there would not be an issue with detection, and any trends would be identified by SHOT.
    As with any change its always a good idea to apply 'Murphys Law' - if something can go wrong, given the chance it will, and to design our systems to try and prevent any adverse effects. Of course nowadays its called change control