Apologies if this has been asked before. An interesting question from a student - if clinical staff are worried about increased potassium levels etc in donor red cell units and thus wash them through the cell saver prior to transfusion is this classed as processing units and therefore needing a specific license. I wasnít so sure as it isnít something Iíve come across before hence this post.