Thread: Blood Compliance Reports 2020

Forum Member

Blood Compliance Reports 2020

The compliance report and declaration forms for Hospital Blood Banks (HBB) and Blood Facilities (01st April 2019 to 31stMarch 2020) are now available on the MHRA website.

Blood compliance reports (BCR) and declarations must be completed and submitted by 30th April 2020.

Facilities declarations must be completed and submitted by 31st May 2020.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/blood-authorisations-and-safety-reporting

There are guidance documents available for HBBs and Facilities on the MHRA website.

Hospital blood banks should submit their completed BCR and Hospital Blood Bank Declaration Form to bcr@mhra.gov.uk with email subject heading ‘Full Hospital Name – BCR 2020’.
    (Please ensure the email includes 1 BCR and the declaration form for that hospital name, with additional information related to the blood bank ONLY. Do not send multiple BCR and declaration forms within the same trust in one email)

The blood facility declaration form must be completed and sent to the MHRA ata separate mailbox BCRBF@mhra.gov.uk with email subject heading ‘Full facility name – DEC 2020’.

Following the BCR assessment, Hospital Blood Banks will be provided with a BCR Assessment Confirmation Letter to confirm that assessment has been completed, without indicating the outcome (i.e. inspection or no inspection). The level of compliance determined will be used to inform the inspection programme for 2020/2021. The Hospital Blood Banks selected for inspection will be contacted by the inspectors to arrange a date. All inspections will be performed with a maximum of 7 days’ notice.
    Last edited by Shirley-Stagg; 17th Mar 2020 at 08:27 PM.

Forum Member
    Thanks Shirley . Pleased to see different deadlines for the bcr and facility forms.

Forum Member
    Will an email be sent to TLMs as a reminder of BCR being available- usually receive one soon after this appears as not everyone uses this Forum.
    thanks

Forum Member
    Shirley
    Q7 - do I include my transfusion practitioners in with the MLA/Others? They don't strictly work in the lab but they are part of the transfusion team. I have never included them before in previous BCRs.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris E View Post
    Shirley
    Q7 - do I include my transfusion practitioners in with the MLA/Others? They don't strictly work in the lab but they are part of the transfusion team. I have never included them before in previous BCRs.
    Hi Chris,
    The question asks how many staff do you have in the Lab- so unless your TPs assist with lab functions, I suppose response would be same as previous year ( that's what I submitted anyway- and have never counted the TP role as there is minimal impact on lab in their absence). This would be consistent with the UKTLC questions on lab staffing too.

Be interesting to know how others answer this too.
    bw
    Rashmi

Forum Member
    Think I am going to stay consistent on this one and not include the TPs and their administrator in the figures this year.
    Next year maybe a clarifying note in the instructions could be included?

Forum Member
    As you mentioned the TP administrator- we call this our Hospital Team Assistant- and for this post I count within 'other'- as our HTTA assists with full traceability including follow-up of missing data , merging duplicate records and some other lab tasks for part of their role (50%).